Fifteen things I want to do before I die:
1. Read the entire BBC Big Read List. Currently I’ve read 30 out of the 100 books, most recently the The Handmaiden‘s Tale, and I just checked Great Expectations out to the library.
2. TRAVEL THE WORLD!! Next month I’ll be going to Cape Town, South Africa, and a few other places I’d like to go are:
- Hong Kong
- Rio de Janeiro
- Buenos Aires
- Savannah, Georgia
3. Sky-Dive. There are few places on the Cape to go, and I guess some people do it in Cape Town, so I could do it there too. A few of my friends have gone, and they’ve said it’s awesome; the view and the adrenaline rush must be wicked.
4. Go on a Road Trip. Maybe down to Savannah, Georgia? It’s supposed to be beautiful there, really historic.
5. Go snorkeling. Hopefully in Bermuda but really, I’m not picky about the location.
6. Go skiing in the Alps. It’ll be awe-inspiring. I’m excited just thinking about it.
7. Visit a castle. I’d like to imagine the beautiful balls that must have taken place there, and the courts and such.
8. Watch the sunrise over an ocean. I’ve no excuse for not doing this yet. I should’ve done this years ago.
9. Publish a book. Even better, have that book be a New York Bestseller. I think I would cry if that happened.
10. Buy a drink for someone. Not in a trying-to-pick-them-up way, but in a random-act-of-kindness way.Like cover the latte for the person behind you in Starbucks.
11. See a solar eclipse. It’d just be really cool.
12. Get a pet. I’d love a cat, but a dog or any other pet would do. Being responsible for taking car of another life is an awesome responsibility.
13. Fly first class. Just once, to spoil myself. I’ve heard it’s really cool.
14. Go on a service trip. I went on one the summer going into high school, and I’d like to do one again. Taking time out of your life to help others really puts things into perspective. No matter how bad I think I’ve got it, my life is cushion-y compared to others, and
15. Finally, I want to be a vegetarian for a month. I’m curious if I could do it, how would it effect me. I’ve tried it before, but can last longer than a week.
So what about you? Do you have a bucket list? What’s on it?